General

Orange park dog track results

Orange park dog track results

Orange park dog track results by date

The racetrack, located in Orlando, Florida, and named the Orange Park Jockey Club, was founded in 1937. It closed in 1985 and re-opened as the new Orange Park Racecourse in 1987. The track has since become one of Florida's premier racing venues, as well as an annual host of the Breeders' Cup World Championships.

History

The track was created by Joe W. Dutton, Jr., and his brother, Richard W. Dutton. Joe had an interest in horse racing since the age of six, and was an avid fan of the sport. He began to invest his money into racehorses during the 1920s, and soon became involved in racing himself. He developed an interest in training horses for jockeys and became a jockey. During his racing career, he often raced his own horses at tracks in South Florida. He also became a trainer during this time, and became very successful in the sport. When Joe Dutton decided to create a track in Orlando, he knew that it had to be located near water. He decided on a property he owned just south of the Kissimmee River.

Joe Dutton and his brother, Richard, formed the track company, the Orange Park Jockey Club, Inc., on September 1, 1937. The track was constructed and opened on March 19, 1938. The first race was a $15,000 purse on March 30, 1938. The track held its first major stakes on June 15, 1938, in which four horses won $31,831 in a twelve race card. On April 27, 1939, the first stakes were held at the new track. The winner of the $10,500 first division, was Jumbo, who earned $12,500. On May 20, 1940, the track held its first year-end stakes, and the winner, Glimme, won $30,250. The track would be renamed the Orange Park Jockey Club on October 8, 1940.

In August 1946, the track had over $100,000 in purses in the first three weeks of the meet, and had over $130,000 in the first three months. Joe Dutton died on October 3, 1950. In 1951, the track was closed for the year-end meeting. The track closed again in 1957. On August 19, 1960, the track held its first year-end meeting in which two races were run. The winner, the first division, was Blue Lips, and she was victorious in a $5,500 purse.

In 1960, the track was reopened. In 1961, the track held its first fall meet. The first fall race was the $15,000 second division. The winner was the three-year-old colt, Nellie's Lad. On October 19, 1962, the first fall stakes was held. The winner was the second division, a filly named Miss Mary Kay. The filly had earned $15,000. The track had over $50,000 in purses in the first three weeks of the year, and over $100,000 in the first three months. Joe Dutton died on October 26, 1963. On November 1, 1963, the track was renamed the Orange Park Racecourse. On April 22, 1965, the first year-end stakes was held. The winner of the first division, Lady Patience, had earned $14,000. In 1968, the track was given the status of a permanent facility. On September 7, 1970, the track closed for the year-end meeting.

In 1973, the track was re-opened. On October 17, 1973, the first fall meet was held. The first fall race was the $75,000 second division. The winner was the filly, Lady Squeak. On November 29, 1973, the first fall stakes was held. The winner, Squeak, had earned $17,000. In 1974, the track was closed again. On September 23, 1975, the track was re-opened. The first fall race was the $75,000 first division. The winner was the filly, Miss Squeak. The track was closed again for the year-end meet in 1976.

In 1977, the track was re-opened. In 1979, the track was closed. The track was re-opened on September 10, 1980. The first fall race was the $75,000 first division. The winner was the colt, Miss Furlong. The track was closed for the year-end meet in 1981. In 1982, the track was closed again. On January 13, 1983, the track was re-opened. In 1984, the track was closed again. On January 14, 1985, the track was re-opened. On June 12, 1985, the track closed for the year-end meet.

In 1988, the track closed once again. On November 3, 1988, the track opened once more. On February 25, 1989, the track was re-opened. In 1990, the track was closed. On April 15, 1990, the track was re-opened. In 1991, the track was closed again. On November 6, 1991, the track was re-opened once again. On May 20, 1992, the track was closed. On September 23, 1992, the track was re-opened. In 1993, the track was closed once again. On January 25, 1994, the track was re-opened once again.

The track was re-opened on August 26, 1997, as


Watch the video: orange park dog racing results (January 2022).